Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Belated Monday Made It

I should totally be in bed right, but I just couldn't wait to share this new project I just finished for my classroom!  What better way to share than by joining my very first linky party?!  So...I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Frolic's "Monday Made It"--hopefully it's okay that I'm a little bit late!
See more fantastic ideas here!
Before I show you my latest creation, I should tell you that I absolutely love School Girl Style's classroom themes.  I really like the color combinations and design of the owl classroom products, but owls just aren't for me.  That is how it all began.  I was looking through her classroom themes a couple of nights ago and kept coming back to the big circle labels and hanging pennants in the owl theme.  While I sat holding my baby girl tonight, I started creating.  At first, I was just going to create the big circle labels to label things around my room.  Before I knew it, it was WAY past my bedtime, and I had created big circle labels, little square labels, and a pennant to hang in my library!
Check it out here!

Oh well...it was completely worth it!  All that's left to do is print, cut, laminate, and hang on some pretty ribbon!  I can't wait to show you how it turns out when I post pictures of my room!

Because I'm so excited about how it turned out, three lucky teachers will get a free copy to use in their classroom!  All you have to do is be one of the first three people to follow my blog and leave a comment with your email address.  Feel free to check out my TPT store if you miss out on this freebie opportunity--I'll be posting it sometime tomorrow night!

Well...I have to get up in a few hours for a teacher giveaway and technology group meeting, so I better head to bed!  Until next time...
Love ya!
Heidi

10 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I was up too late trying to make my own labels. No luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design. I've just started making my own things too. It's amazing how times flies when you are working on something. Where did you get the frames you used?

    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!
    cvlavelle.5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Fiona and Christine! I hope you enjoy your freebie!

    Christine, I got the frame on the circle label from the 3AM Teacher. The other frames were just simple shapes with background design filling and thicker, colorful lines. The backgrounds for these labels were from Dreamlike Magic Designs. If you follow me on Pinterest, I have some different graphics, backgrounds, frames, and such repinned on my "School Stuff" board. Hope this helps! :-)

    There is still one more freebie available! Don't miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Cute pennant for your library- I originally had just polka dots in my room, but some owls started sneaking in, thanks to other teachers :)!
    Whether I am one of the first 3 or not, I am glad to be a new follower!!

    Shar W
    jandcangelscents@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Shar! You were the final recipient of the Monday Made It freebie! :-) Thanks so much for following me!

      Delete
    2. Cool beans! Printing out as I type. I will be using the library pennant to put over my library, and I am pondering how I want to use the other squares! Will be laminating them later this evening! For your pennant, do you plan on mounting each pennant on any solid card stock/construction paper or leaving as is?
      Thanks again
      !!
      Shar W.
      jandcangelscents@sbcglobal.net

      Delete
    3. I'm printing it on white card stock and laminating. To hang it up, I'm going to punch a hole on either end and string the pieces together with a bright color of thin sheer ribbon. :-)

      Delete
  5. Super cute! I love the color combination. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Read a few of your blog posts this morning--so encouraging!

      Delete