Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Pin-spiration!


While doing my nightly review of ideas repinned by friends and family on Pinterest, I ran across this awesome goal setting idea, and I thought to myself...wouldn't this be a great way to encourage my students to set academic goals throughout the school year?!
Original Pin-spiration

The original was actually created by hand on 11X14 paper and has an easy-to-follow tutorial to go along with it if you want to make your own.  BUT...I'm too much of a perfectionist to create things by hand--I would never be satisfied with the way it looked.  So...with a little of this and a little of that, voila!
Student Goal Setting Form

My pin-spiration was transformed into a goal setting sheet that I can use with my own students!  Each box fits a 3X3 sticky note for students to monitor and adjust their goals as they meet them.  My plan is to schedule a time to review our goals during small groups or at the beginning of each month.  I will either give each student one copy to put in their binder in the area of their choosing, or I will give them two copies to use for reading and writing goals.  Either way...I LOVE IT!

Like the idea and want one for yourself?  Follow my blog and head over to my TPT store to get it for FREE!  Until next time...
Love ya!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment